The 2017 Crawl is in the books
The 2017 Tropical Yarn Crawl was a resounding success. It was filled with roadtrips, squishy yarn, new friends, and most likely, many new additions for Florida knitters’ stashes! The 9-day event featured 8 participating Florida-based local yarn shops (LYS) from Vero Beach to Miami, who each hosted special trunk shows, yarn tastings, book signings, and other demonstrations of interest to knitters, crocheters, and weavers.
Congratulations to our Grand Prize Winner, Susan Swiatosz. Look at all of the goodies she got! She completed the entire Crawl, collecting all 8 stamps. We love your dedication, Susan!
Highlights from the 2017 Crawl: Our Passport video
What is a Yarn Crawl?
The point of a yarn crawl is for fiber enthusiasts to hop from shop to shop to see what makes each one special! In addition to the special activities, each shop typically features their own surprise Giveaway basket that any participant who stops by can win.
2017 Exclusive Colorway
Baah Yarns dyed an exclusive colorway for us in their Savannah yarn – the colorway is called Tropical 2017, and it’s available at all of the 2017 participating shops for a limited time. Isn’t this gorgeous? The 8 participating shops are:
- The Knitty Gritty, Vero Beach, (772) 778-9199
- Knit or Knot Yarns, Jupiter, (561) 746-1005
- Just ImaginKnit, Lake Worth, (561) 433-3444
- Knitters Nook, Boynton Beach, (561) 495-1095
- Sheep Thrills, Lauderhill, (954) 954-742-1908
- Yarns and Arts, Fort Lauderdale, (954) 990-5772
- Raging Wool, Pembroke Pines, (954) 385-0861
- Knitting Garden, Coral Gables, (305) 774-1060